In the structured doctoral student programme we offer doctoral researchers the chance to
- complete their doctorate within a maximum of three years,
- gain qualification for national and international postdoctoral work at academic institutions or in industry,
- learn how to communicate across many specialties and disciplines,
- obtain knowledge from other fields (e.g. biologist from mathematical and informatics sciences and vice versa).
The scientific work, which covers the main part of the education, is combined with
- individualized learning, especially field specific or interdisciplinary training,
- Internal Meetings*, every second month (talks of / discussions with guest scientists and doctoral students, poster presentations and more),
- a yearly retreat*,
- conference / lab visits,
- an international symposium* in the third year,
- soft skill trainings.
*organized by the doctoral students
Within this challeniging programme the doctoral reserachers receive a comprehensive education for the tasks to come in their future scientific career.
Two internal supervisors and an external supervisory board advise each doctoral researcher during her / his doctorate. For more information see:
- Doctorate : General information about the doctorate and services offered by the universities in Kiel and Lübeck
- Training : Information on courses, talks, conferences / soft skill trainings which are mandatory