Research Training Group
genes, environment, inflammation
Within this Research Training Group we will study the environmental influences responsible for the development of complex, chronic diseases. Moreover, we will systematically examine the previously understudied interplay between the (micro)-environment and predisposing genetic factors...
The scientists in the Research Training Group (RTG) want to find out
- how the non-genetical schemes in the cell change during the development of chronic inflammatory diseases;
- how diet influences the development of inflammatory diseases;
- new statistical and bioinformatical ways to express research results.
a team of young and innovative scientists who are experts in the fields of:
- molecular biology
- human genetics
The purpose of the structured doctoral student programme is to:
- enable young scientists to obtain their doctoral degree within three years;
- qualify doctoral students for postdoctoral work;
- impart interdisciplinary knowledge;
- promote postgraduate students' transferrable skills.
Many events, courses and workshops, joint celebrations and meetings, which have given us the opportunity to be in contact with each other and to enjoy a positive collegial atmosphere, had to be cancelled in the recent months.
Therefore Kiel University would like to invite you to join our prevention program Spring Fit 2021.
The program is aimed at all employees of Kiel University. From the beginning of March to the end of May Spring Fit 2021 offers the opportunity to get together and to do something for your health considering exercises, nutrition and stress management.
You can find more information on the health management website (German only)